BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Don't eat raw cookie dough, you wouldn't want to go catching salmonella.

How many times when were kids did we hear an adult say "Don't eat the cookie dough. You could get salmonella and die." I personally heard it millions of times I feel like, and I never thought I would be the one to get salmonella poisoning. Before we start with my two weeks from the living dead let me clarify I didn't get salmonella from cookie dough. The verdict is still out on where I contracted my poison from.
It all started Friday August 14, I started to have vertigo spells, and I couldn't quite control my body temperature. Over the next three days things went from worse to terrible. I started to have major stomach cramps, running to the bathroom every 15 minutes, a migraine, body chills, body sweats, and pain from head to toe. My days were packed with naps, hot baths, and air conditioning. I would be freezing, and the only way to warm up would be a bath, then I would be hot and would have to sit in front of the air conditioner.
By Monday I was convinced that I was dying, I went to my mom crying and asked her if she could take me to the walk in clinic because my doctor was full, and I couldn't drive. I went we waited for about an hour and half only to be told I had a gastric virus and I should go vegan to help with my weight because that is where the pain was coming from. Monday night I started to have heart palpitations, and a migraine that only got worse. I was taking imodium, 1000mg of tylenol, 800mg of ibuprofen, and two benadryl (the miracle cocktail) to try and kick my migraine no such luck.
On Wednesday my mom had some errands to run, and I always like to go with her because it means I get to spend time with her. I grabbed my book, my blanket and got in the car. The first place we went was her foot doctor so she could drop some shoes off. I stayed in the car, I was freezing and I liked the warm sensation from the leather, and the hot windows on my hands. By the time we got to the dentist for her she told me I had to go in because I looked awful. Her dentist took my temperature and it was 103. I tried to schedule an appointment with my doctor but once again full. So my sister Alex picked me up, and dropped me off at the walk in clinic. Saw a different doctor who took a urine sample, and wanted a stool sample. He said I wasn't dehydrated just had a virus that my body was taking a long time to fight. He prescribed norco for the migraine, and sent me home.
Wednesday around 2 am I was losing it convinced I was dying, my mom thought I had meningitis because my neck had started to ache. Off we went to the ER where they gave me something that finally got rid of my headache, and a bag a fluids because I was indeed dehydrated.
On Thursday they got the results from my stool sample, and on Saturday a nurse called to inform me that I have salmonella. It took a whole week to find out that I have salmonella. Sorry this story took so long, but now I am healing. I am on antibiotics, and I am getting some much needed R&R in Northern Cali. I finally don't have a fever any more. I still am tired, and my body just feels angry. But the important things that we finally figured out what was wrong. Please be careful out there. Salmonella is painful, and awful. Heres a link for more info on the poison that destroyed me. And it is also highly contagious! So wash your hands, don't eat raw chicken, and wash your hands.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/salmonella/basics/definition/con-20029017
 

0 comments: