BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Why does it hurt so much to love?

I have chosen to go back to school in the fall, four months sooner then intended. Today as I held a sweet little three year old in my hands, I wondered if it was going to be worth it. 

Tears were streaming down my face as I held Henslee in my arms, and she looked into my eyes. 
Henslee: "You have tears."
Me: "I know I am crying"
Henslee: "You are sad?"
Me: "I am sad."
Henslee: "Because you don't want me?"
Me: "Sweet little girl, it is far from that."
Henslee: "I don't want you to go back to Idaho."
Me: "I don't want to go back."

After hugging her a little too tight, I wondered why it hurts so much to love. If it's such a good thing to love people, why does it make us sad? 

0 comments: