BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Thank you, my friend!

A couple of months ago I made a new friend. That is all they are a friend, and they made me want to be better. It started with scripture reading. They talked about their love for the Book of Mormon, and I saw a light in their eyes. I light that I myself had had before but it had dimmed a tiny bit. But their love, made me want to love it again. So I increased my scripture reading, and that light was back. My scripture study increased greatly, and I found a happiness added back to my life. I didn't increase my scripture study for my friend in anyway. I increased it because of them, because they had something I wanted.

Over the past couple of months I've made some changes. My friend showed me that there was more to life, and that I wanted to live more. I was in a hard place when my friend and I met. I felt completely alone, and it felt like the whole world was pushing me to fail. I was put in the game, and I was playing solo. Until my friend walked into my life, and showed me that I wasn't alone. So the changes kept coming, I started doing better in school, and things I was scared to try I tried. My friend helped me step out of my comfort zone, and reminded me what it was like to have fun. Suddenly I wasn't the only person on my team, I had people joining me helping me see that I can win!

This next part is a little hard to talk about, but I am talking about it. I talked about the changes I was making, and one of them was working harder to be healthy. My friend helped remind me that I wanted to be the best version of myself. So I started doing just that, I started to become the best version of myself. Over the past 5 months I have been working harder then ever to reach my goals. I am still on this journey of being healthier, and it is a journey I will always be on. However I have reached a major milestone I felt like, I have lost 35lbs. Which might not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me it feels pretty darn good. Now I did not do this for my friend, but because of my friend. Because my friend reminded me I want to be the best version of myself. I wanted to say thank you to my friend who greatly changed my life, because you were a stepping stone in reminding me of what I am fighting for. I am fighting for me, and I am winning, thanks to you.



2 comments:

Tori said...

I love this Jordan! You are Beautiful! Also it makes me want to try harder. Miss you!

rachel said...

You're amazing in so many ways. I sure love my Gemma girl. Mwah!!