BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

You have cancer

I was so excited to get my stitches out last Thursday. I woke up that morning to a call from my nurse, she said they wanted me to come in early because the doctor wanted to see me. My appointment to have my stitches removed was with the P.A, and I didn't mind coming in early. I was seriously like a little kid, I was getting my stitches out and then we were going to lunch to celebrate. I did my hair and make up, and got all cute. I was dancing around the apartment letting everyone know I was getting my stitches out.
Sam and Rayna accompanied me to my appointment and I sat in the waiting room, as soon as they said my name I hopped out of my chair. When I say it was like Christmas, I really felt like it was Christmas. I was so ready to move forward with my life, and leave the stitches behind me. I sat down and the nurse started asking me questions, and all I could say was that I was so excited to get my stitches out. She said well the doctor wants to talk to you about the pathology report, and then we could talk about the stitches. The doctor came in, and looked at me, I could smell his lunch on him. All I was thinking was he just ate lunch, and I am getting my stitches out and then were getting lunch. He turned and looked at me and said "Well thyroid cancer was a concern, and that's what you have, so were going to do surgery tomorrow and remove the rest of your thyroid." I was like wait, you need to back up. No one has been allowed to say the C-word (being cancer), and he had just said it. I have cancer, in my body right now there is cancer. He explained that I have a high survival rate, and he wants to be aggressive and take care of the cancer before it spreads. He then left and Sam was in charge of calling Sam, and Rayna texted Jessie saying she should call as soon as she gets off work. Jessie called immediately and I answered the phone, all I said was Hey Jess, and then I handed Sam the phone. I tried to tell her, but I couldn't I had cancer. I spent the next hour on the phone, and informing my roommates why I still had my stitches in. Jessie said she was coming, and so did my sister and parents. I felt so lucky to have my team with me. The weekend passed in a blur, but almost all of my favorite people were there supporting me. I am so grateful for all the help I have received. The prayers, and happy thoughts. I have a long road to recovery, and my doctor is super optimistic. I am going to keep moving forward, and that is what is most important. A time line The night of the first surgery, the day I got the tube out the first time, the day I was supposed to get my stitches out, and the day of my second surgery.


0 comments: